Friday, October 31, 2014

Two years since the first transplant and doing great

It has been two years since that first fecal transplant. I am still doing great with no symptoms and haven't been on any of the drugs to turn off my immune system for about 2 1/2 years now.

The GI told me that I would have to take those drugs for the rest of my life... well, that was before removing sugar, lactose and grains from my diet and doing approximately 6 fecal transplants in a one-year spam.

I am still avoiding sugar, lactose and grains but may have just a small amount only on rare occasions. I ate my first chocolate chip the other day and my gut didn't even notice, which meant I have made great progress!

I have learned SO much about why my gut went crazy and gave me explosive diarrhea shortly after a round of antibiotics (zpack), then undergoing routine surgery to trim up some torn cartilage.

Antibiotics to the gut are like bulldozing a garden and then hoping the good plants (tomato, green beans, peppers, lettuce, etc.) grow back instead of the weeks. Everyone knows that where grass has been dug up in your yard, weeds will grow back with a vengeance if you don't plant grass seed and get what you want to grow, established again. That is what fecal transplants do for our gut.

I am looking forward to the day where others can be given the opportunity to have fecal transplants to heal their gut instead of drugs to turn off their immune system, which may leave them open to cancers and other illnesses. God made our immune system to help our body heal. It goes after bacteria that gets out of line - this is what doctors call 'autoimmune disease - which they are saying is bad, and it is, however, it should be a red-flag that there is some bacteria out of line. Turning off the immune response is not the solution.

If you are still considering doing home fecal transplants to heal your gut, I would say go for it!

I am living proof that it works, when combined with diet (no sugar, lactose and grains) while the gut heals.

Here is a funny video that will make you laugh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment