Thursday, January 24, 2013

As I was researching fecal transplants online...

As I was researching fecal transplants online before doing one at home, I read how adding the fiber from a fiber capsule gives the implanted bacteria something to feast on, while it becomes established.

Some who have tried adding fiber learned that you will want to add it in last, then just shake it up good, moving quickly. They get it transferred into your colon quickly, because it does thicken up pretty fast and can cause trouble with your delivery method, depending on what type of setup you are using. I used a turkey baster, which as a pretty large opening. Some have used enema bags, which the hose can plug and could get real messy.

Things are definitely different after doing a FMT. I could really tell a difference because the smell was different within 24 hours - less potent and smells more normal.

I have eaten a few illegals (SCD) but have not had any reaction afterwards what-so-ever. I have been going good now for 3 months. I only dreamed of this for 3 1/2 long years prior.

Something else I have done to help establish the new colony is I started making and eating fermented veggies made at home with sea salt about a month after doing my home fecal transplant. Five pounds of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower and 3 tablespoons of sea salt and water sitting our days on the counter for 4 days and voila! you have got a week's worth of funny smelling but pretty good tasting veggies that are easy to digest and will help feed that new established bacteria. Just look past the smell as they don't taste like they smell. They really are pretty good.

Everyone has done these transplants a bit different. Perhaps someday there will be one plan that will work for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment